From the East
FROM EAST: Traffic out of Washington D.C. is extremely heavy in the afternoon. Please plan accordingly.
- I-66 West, 76 miles to I- 81 North toward Winchester, VA, then RIGHT
- I-81 North, 10 miles to Highway Rt. 37 toward Romney/Berkeley Springs, WV, then LEFT
- Rt. 37, then 5 miles to Rt. 50, then LEFT, West
- Rt. 50 West, 11 miles toward Romney
- Soon after the Gore Post Office, turn LEFT at the Gore sign. It takes you to the town of Gore. (There is a former convenience store that serves as a landmark.)
- Turn LEFT again at the Back Creek Road sign to go directly to the Bhavana Society.
NOTE: Even with directions drivers sometimes miss a turn, so these supplemental directions should help get you to Bhavana.
If you miss the Back Creek Rd. turn off from Rt. 50, then:
- Watch for a left turn exit to Route 259 (to Wardensville), a small exit lane just past Gore, near a gift shop. (If you miss the exit, the highway will change from 4 lanes to 2 lanes. If it does, turn back immediately and travel for a quarter mile.
- Head south on Rt. 259 toward High View, WV, for 7 miles. Look for “High View Grocery” on right side of the road, shortly beyond that look for Back Creek Road, which is a very small street sign off the LEFT Side of Hwy. 259.
- Turn LEFT at the sign and follow the road for one hundred yards, watching for a cemetery on the left. Do not turn before the cemetery.
- As you pass the cemetery, turn LEFT and stay on Back Creek Road for a mile-and-a-half to a “T” junction (take special care as this is a winding and narrow country road with a few sharp turns!).
- Turn RIGHT at the junction and continue on Back Creek Road for 3 miles. Look for the Bhavana Society sign on the left.
If you miss the Back Creek Road turn off from Rt. 259, then:
- Keep on Rt. 259 for about three miles until you see a bridge on the left.
- Turn LEFT and cross the bridge, drive about four miles there will be an Octagon (shaped) house at the intersection.
- Turn LEFT again onto Back Creek Road and follow it for two-and-a-half miles to our driveway, on your right.