Items to Donate
People often want to bring items with them to donate when they visit. Because people want to donate useful things, we provide this list of things that we use on a regular basis or need at this time.
Please contact the kitchen manager at email@example.com to find out exactly what sort of food is needed at this time.
Generally, we can use the following items on an ongoing basis:
- This is the most needed item on our list -Non-refrigerated boxed unsweetened, unflavored soy milk and unsweetened, unflavored almond milk (non-perishable)
- Fresh Vegetables: Greens, vegetables, and fruits, organic olives, organic lemons and limes.
- Pantry Items: Organic whole grains (quinoa, rolled oats, red and brown rice, organic high-fiber cereals (oat or wheat bran, no added sugar), beans (such as Great Northern beans, black, garbanzo, lima, pinto, kidney, red and other organic dried beans, lentils, split peas), seeds (flax, chia), nuts (organic walnuts, pecans), tomato sauce (organic, no added sugar, salt, or other ingredients and preservatives, just tomatoes), dried organic fruits without preservatives (raisins, prunes, cranberries, apricots, figs). We ask that you avoid dried fruits with added sulfur or potassium or anything else either than the dried fruit itself. Sugar free or low sugar peanut butter (we ask that you avoid nut butters with added hydrogenated oils, sugar, salt, or other preservatives).
- Beverages: Bottled non-frozen, no sugar added fruit juices, non-refrigerated boxed unsweetened, unflavored soy milk and unsweetened, unflavored almond milk (non-perishable), unsweetened cocoa powder, herbal tea bags, regular ground coffee.
Paper Goods: Paper napkins, paper towels, boxed tissues
Kitchen, Household, Medicine, and General items:
When considering bringing laundry detergents and washing soaps, any items that may contain a 'scent', we request that you consider bringing these items that are fragrance free to help us maintain a healthy environment.
- dish washing detergent
- tapered candles, tea candles, kitchen matches
- smokeless, colorless, 99% pure lamp oil
- kinetic energy flashlights
- AA, AAA, D, C batteries
- seasoned firewood
- new pillows
- single/twin size mattress covers
Items we do not need:
- any toilet paper (septic safe or otherwise)
- any vegetable oils
- any canned foods
- soy sauce
- any size rechargeable batteries
- bath towels
- white rice
- black tea (loose and bags)
- brown sugar
- bottled water
- blankets or sheets