UPDATE: About Bhavana During the Coronavirus Pandemic
NOTE: Bhavana is now closed for all in-person visits & retreats for the remainder of 2020.
Please find Metta message (13 minutes) from Bhante Gunaratana concerning the current situation (with introductory words from Bhante Sadhajeewa). Please join Bhante G. each morning for meditation and Dhamma teaching and Bhante Saddhajeewa each evening for meditation and a Dhamma Question & Answer period.
Links to the online Zoom* sessions:
7:00PM EDT Daily Dhamma Talk or QnA & Guided Meditation w/ Bhante Saddhajeewa,
(Visit https://tinyurl.com/BhavanaYTLive for recordings of previous meditation sessions.)
See our Items to Donate page for how you help support Bhavana during this period of extended seclusion (food and other items can be sent via the U.S. mail or other delivery services).
As always, monetary donations are also deeply appreciated.
Session-related helpful resources:
- Bhante G has a new Wisdom Publication book out titled WHAT WHY HOW. It features his answers to common questions he has been asked in 50 years of teaching. Also Wisdom is offering a free online article series based on the book available here
- A new edition of the Bhavana Vandana: Devotions for Meditation, now titled Buddhist Suttas for Recitation: A Companion for Walking the Buddha's Path is available from Wisdom Publications. A free downloadable PDF is available from Buddhanet (Note: This 1990 version does not include Notes or sutta reference Citations).
- In the Buddha’s Words: An Anthology of Discourses from the Pali Canon by Venerable Bhikkhu Bodhi, Translator. Grouped by theme, this collection of scriptures covers the breadth and depth of the Buddha’s teaching.
- Choose the 'Resources' menu above for articles, recommended readings, links to International (non-English) editions, and more... )
Stay safe and informed: CDC website for coronavirus (COVID-19) information
* Kindly Note: In light of recent news about security flaws and privacy concerns regarding the Zoom platform, we advise users of the service to keep both your device and the Zoom application updated to the latest security patches. (for additional safeguards, please click here )