Sri Henepola Gunaratana Scholarship Trust (SHGST)
We invite the donors to visit Sri Lanka and meet the students they support, and encourage them to pursue their education more vigilantly. The scholarship fund was begun for young people living in Tumpane district in Sri Lanka, where Bhante Gunaratana was born.
Board of Trustees:
- The chief monk in Tumpane district
- The head monk of the Henepola temple
- The government agent of Galagedara, Tumpane
- The deputy director of divisional education, Galagedara.
Categories of Scholarships:
- Student qualified for the university (G.C.E.A/l: General Certification of Education Advance level.)
- Students qualified for the (G. C. E. A/L)
- Qualified students from the members of the Henepola temple.
- Students qualified for technical institutions
- Students of grade five.
Eligibility for Receiving Scholarships:
All the candidates should be successful in their school examinations with above average marks in all the subjects. The school principal and the class teacher should endorse their academic performance. They should obtain a character certificate from the head monk of their respective temple. The student who receives a scholarship must maintain his/her grades through university. If they discontinue their education the scholarship will be transferred to another student who qualifies.
For further details please view The SHGST Selection Method page.
If you would like to offer a financial donation specifically for scholarships, you may use the PayPal link below for Bhavana Society. However, please indicate SHGST Fund in the instructions to the recipient:
... or, if you wish, Donate by Mail
To make a tax deductible donation by mail, send a check or money order payable to "Sri Henepola Gunaratana Scholarship Trust" (or "SHGS Trust") to:
Sri Henepola Gunaratana Scholarship Trust
c/o The Bhavana Society
97 Meditation Trail
High View, WV 26808 USA